6 reasons to include virtual labs in your technical training
By Jason Kinsella – 21 March 2018
Any company involved in delivering technical training is faced with the same challenge: How do you ensure your learning strategy embeds learning and retention of often complex concepts and details?
The answer = Practice. Practice is the best way to embed learning.
Virtual labs are cloud-based practice labs used in IT education and software training when hands-on experience is essential. They are increasingly used as part of blended learning programs, where training is delivered via a combination of methods – including instructor-led training as well as self-paced digital learning. In fact, virtual labs are one of the hottest trends in tech training in 2018.
Here, we outline 6 reasons to include virtual labs in your technical training:
1. Virtual labs give learners the opportunity to practice in a safe, controlled environment
2. Virtual labs are better for learners, as they increase student engagement, improve retention, and enhance performance
3. Virtual labs are easy to set up and maintain, with no installation required
4. Virtual labs are cost effective, harnessing the power of cloud computing to deliver lab-based training
5. Virtual labs can make you money, offering opportunities to deliver new methods of training and reaching new markets and customer segments
6. Virtual labs can set you apart from your competitors
In our whitepaper, How to deliver amazing training with virtual labs, we explore each of the above reasons in detail. You will gain an insight into the hands-on nature of virtual labs for training, and discover why leading training organizations and software companies are choosing to include virtual labs in their blended learning strategy. Get the whitepaper here.
Share this entry
Got questions? 1300 308510
Level 26/1 Bligh St, Sydney NSW 2000